Reflecta RPS 10M - Issue ("Staircase Effect"?)

Fragen/Themen zu Reflecta-Filmscannern
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum dürfen keine Beiträge mit gewerblichen Angeboten, privaten Verkaufsangeboten oder Links zu gewerblichen Seiten eingestellt werden.
Jossie
Re: Reflecta RPS 10M - Issue ("Staircase Effect"?)

Beitrag von Jossie »

Hello Kenneth,
Ken50x hat geschrieben: Sonntag 10. Mai 2020, 15:15 Is this normal for all filmscanners?
I do not know. All this happened during the warranty period. It was the stepper motor, the flatband cable and the CCD (hot pixel). I also have a flatbed scanner but that also had to be returned to Canon, repair without real success. So the statistics is small, only 2 scanners, both with problems.

But both are running now fine for years, toi, toi toi!

Hermann-Josef
DigitDia6000 (CyberView, SilverFast Archive Suite 8 & 9) / CanoScan9950F (ScanGear, VueScan Pro), Eizo CS240, xrite i1studio, Win11 (64bit), Intel i9 (3.4GHz), Speicher 64GB, Nvidia Quadro P2000
Joe

Beitrag von Joe »

In the past 15 Years I had many Scanners: HP, Canon, Reflecta (ProScan, DigitDia 4000, 5000 etc.), Plustek etc..

I had only Problems with 1 Scanner: the first DD 5000 was replaced by Reflecta.
Ken50x

Beitrag von Ken50x »

Jossie hat geschrieben: Samstag 9. Mai 2020, 16:39
Perhaps you could ask for such a report?
I asked for it.
After only one hour I got a reply : "the device will be repaired within the warranty."
They are very discreet...

The most important thing of course is that the scanner works correctly again.

Have a good day to everyone
Kenneth
Ken50x

Beitrag von Ken50x »

Hello Jossie,
Is it possible to contact you via private mail regarding the above mail.
Thank you
Ken
Ken50x

Beitrag von Ken50x »

Hallo,
After many problems with my Reflecta MF5000 I finally gave up.
Here is a brief history of my suffering.
With my Reflecta MF5000 ( bought in oct 2019) I made about 2700 scans. It has been returned 3 times to solve the problem of streaking. The first time after 600 scans, the second time after 1400 scans and the third time after 2000 scans. Now after 2700 scans I have a price again. Since it is still in warranty, I asked for a new device. Answer from Reflecta: Scanner MF 5000 is discontinued. I strongly suspect that this is also the case for the Braun FS-120.
The problem with my scanner was the flat cable. It was replaced the last 2 times. Finally I reached an agreement with the seller of the scanner and exchanged my Reflecta for an Epson V800. It has been a lesson that cost me 800 €.
Through a photographer from Australia who just experienced the same thing a few years ago, I received an extensive word document on how to replace the flat cable. This shows that if this connection has to be replaced 4 or 5 times, problems will eventually arise with the connection of either the motherboard or the CCD, with worse consequences. Hence my decision to go for a "lesser" but more reliable scanner, which is what that photographer from Australia also did.
It is a pity that I had to say goodbye to the Reflecta MF5000. It scans very quickly and has a real resolution of 3200 dpi and a D max which is higher than the Epson and this for a price of approx 2000 € (Silverfast archive incl)
I have learned a lot through this forum and I would like to thank Jossie again especially for his good constructive advice.
Ken
bos99

Beitrag von bos99 »

Hello, do you mind sharing this document please?
I am wondering, if it would be possible to change the flatband cable myself, or any other hardware defects. Has anyone experience with that please?
Thanks, Marco
Antworten