double image Proscan 7200 problem

Fragen/Themen zu Reflecta-Filmscannern
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum dürfen keine Beiträge mit gewerblichen Angeboten, privaten Verkaufsangeboten oder Links zu gewerblichen Seiten eingestellt werden.
lcarba

double image Proscan 7200 problem

Beitrag von lcarba »

I am using a Proscan 7200 with Cyberview or Vuescan. When I scan coulor slides or colour negatives I get a photo with some double colour zones (like a shadow, usually in blue). I hve tried many configurations (bit/pixel; scan resolutions; filters (ICE ...) ... but I can´t solve the problem. I never have this problem with B/N negative. With Vuescan and a flat Brother scanner that I use to scan positive photos or colour documents the problem never occurs

Any suggestions?

Thank you very mauch
Jossie
Re: double image Proscan 7200 problem

Beitrag von Jossie »

An example image would help to analyse the problem. Does it look like the images posted here (last color image with birds).

Hermann-Josef
DigitDia6000 (CyberView, SilverFast Archive Suite 8 & 9) / CanoScan9950F (ScanGear, VueScan Pro), Eizo CS240, xrite i1studio, Win11 (64bit), Intel i9 (3.4GHz), Speicher 64GB, Nvidia Quadro P2000
lcarba

Beitrag von lcarba »

Thank you Hermann-Josef

I can´t read german but my problem is exactly that one. Some double blue zones as in the photo with birds
I include a photo (Proscan + Vuescan) 64 bit RGBI; 3600 pdi scan resolution; Filters IR heavy- restore colors- restore fading-grain reduction Heavy-sharpen; Color Autolevel; Generic Color Negative
It was a 35 mm colour negative (Kodak; Kodacrome)

Thank you again
Dateianhänge
2016-01-16-0001_opt.jpg
2016-01-16-0001_opt.jpg (694.11 KiB) 8109 mal betrachtet
Jossie

Beitrag von Jossie »

As with the other thread, I currently do not know what causes the blue shadows. I have not seen this in my scans.

To shed further light onto the issue I would suggest you turn off all image processing gimmicks and just store the result as it comes from the scanner to see, if the scan data already show this effect. I would also scan a colour positive for comparison.

According to the vertical stripes I can make out in the background I would assume that the scan direction was from top to bottom (or the other way around). Is that correct?

I suggest to mail this image to reflecta (service@reflecta.de) and ask for their advice. It would be great if you would report about the outcome here.

Hermann-Josef
DigitDia6000 (CyberView, SilverFast Archive Suite 8 & 9) / CanoScan9950F (ScanGear, VueScan Pro), Eizo CS240, xrite i1studio, Win11 (64bit), Intel i9 (3.4GHz), Speicher 64GB, Nvidia Quadro P2000
lcarba

Beitrag von lcarba »

Tank you again

The scan with defaults options ( Vuescan) causes the same results. The scan of the same photo, but positive, doesn´t have any problem. Yes, the scan direction was from top to bottom. I am going to send the image to Reflecta and I´ll report here the answer.
Joe

Beitrag von Joe »

Make a scan with no Options like IR cleaning, Restore Colors etc.

Are there still shadows?
lcarba

Beitrag von lcarba »

yes,there the same shadows. Even I have found the same problem with a b/n negative
lcarba

Beitrag von lcarba »

yes,there are the same shadows. Even I have found the same problem with a b/n negative. Obviously now the shadows are grey
Joe

Beitrag von Joe »

Are you using the USB cable that came with the scanner and is this connect to a USB 2.0 Port on the Backside of the Computer?
lcarba

Beitrag von lcarba »

Thank you, Joe. Yes, I´m using the USB cable that came with the Proscan 7200. It is connected to a USB 2.0 Port on the left side of the Computer. I´m using Vuescan but the problem is the same wit Cyberview v5.16. Now I´ve been trying several B/N negatives (default options) and there always are some grey shadows
Jossie

Beitrag von Jossie »

Could you show as an example of a B&W negative? I ask, because in the thread referenced above there were also problems with B&W negatives. But these seem to be of different origin: The shadows in the B&W negatives there were immediately adjacent to the bright parts in the negative. However, your blue shadows and those in the bird image are detached from the bright parts.

Hermann-Josef
Joe

Beitrag von Joe »

Do you have the possibility to look if the same Problems occur on anonther PC?

..and try to use another USB Cable and another port. If you do so the Driver should be installed automaticaly and you should receive a Windows message about thtat.
Joe

Beitrag von Joe »

Maybe you find some Information in the English Section of my Website: www.jostark.de
lcarba

Beitrag von lcarba »

I´m including a scan of a b/n Kodak negative with Vuescan
I have a b/n chemical paper positive copy of this b/n negative whithout any shadows

Thank you Hermann-Josef
Zuletzt geändert von lcarba am Sonntag 17. Januar 2016, 19:55, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
lcarba

Beitrag von lcarba »

Thank you, Joe

I´ve tested anothe usb cable and another usb port. The driver was properly installed , but the problem with the shadows continues
I´ll try to test with another PC
Jossie

Beitrag von Jossie »

okay, the shadows extend from all bright parts in the negative. Scan direction again from top to bottom, i.e. the CCD horizontal? I do not think this is blooming, because the shadows are detached somewhat from the bright areas. Could you turn the negative by 180° (buildings now upside down) to see, if the shadows follow the turn or not? Another cause could be some sort of reflections. The question would be where.

Hermann-Josef
lcarba

Beitrag von lcarba »

I´m including two scans. They are from the same negative placed in the scanner in two 180º different positions.
Zuletzt geändert von lcarba am Sonntag 17. Januar 2016, 21:22, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Jossie

Beitrag von Jossie »

Why did you delete the first image? These are now mirror images of your first example. What I ment was to turn the negative by 180° around the axis the light is traveling in your scanner so it is just upside down from the first example, not a mirror image. Sorry for the confusion. This is important to disentangle CCD effects from optical reflections.

Hermann-Josef
lcarba

Beitrag von lcarba »

Sorry, but these are two new images, no mirrors from the old one. I have done a scan with the negative pointing in a direction in the scanner and then another scan with the negative pointing in the 180º opposite direction. Now the shadows are in differents places as you can see in the Big Ben. I have not activated the VueScan MIRROR option. Is it OK? Do I have to do anything else?

Thank you again
Dateianhänge
2016-01-17-0006_opt.jpg
2016-01-17-0006_opt.jpg (559.96 KiB) 8077 mal betrachtet
2016-01-17-0005_opt.jpg
2016-01-17-0005_opt.jpg (512.48 KiB) 8077 mal betrachtet
Jossie

Beitrag von Jossie »

Assuming that the scan direction was again top to bottom so the CCD extends left to right then, the shadows remain on the same side of the bright parts, if the slide is turned 180°. Blooming is out of the question because it would under the assumption of a horizontal CCD extend horizontally. This is all I can conclude for sure. Puzzling is the gap between the bright part in the negative and the shadow. So it also cannot be sort of an afterglow, which would on the other Hand, be very unusual for CCDs. Sorry that I cannot say more.

You mentioned that you do not see anything like that if you scan a positive (where one would expect bright streaks extending from bright areas?) This would argue against a CCD effect, because the CCD does not know if there is a positive or a negative being scanned. But a Software origin is also unlikely since you see it in CyberView and in VueScan. Very, very strange ...

I would also mail these two images to reflecta, because they will help in their diagnosis.

Hermann-Josef
Antworten