Umgekehrtes Bild

Fragen/Themen zu Reflecta-Filmscannern
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum dürfen keine Beiträge mit gewerblichen Angeboten, privaten Verkaufsangeboten oder Links zu gewerblichen Seiten eingestellt werden.
Antworten
mska59

Umgekehrtes Bild

Beitrag von mska59 »

Hallo, kann mir jemand erklären, warum mein Reflecta rps10M ein umgekehrtes Bild erzeugt, selbst wenn ich den Film mit der Emulsion nach oben einlege, wie in der Anleitung angegeben? Passiert es dir auch?
Danke dir
Slides and Negatives: 35mm Reflecta RPS 10M + SilverFast SE Plus. Reflective and 120: Epson V600 + VueScan Pro. Software: Lightroom 6, Photoshop CC, Nik Collection. Monitor Calibration: Spyder 4pro.
Jossie
Re: Umgekehrtes Bild

Beitrag von Jossie »

Hallo,

wie die Software das Bild darstellt, ist doch Vereinbarungssache. Mein Scanner liefert mit Standardeinstellungen das Bild mit CyberView auch anders herum als mit Silverfast. Also einfach die Einstellung so ändern, dass es korrekt erscheint, oder anders herum in den Scanner legen. Das tut der Bildqualität keine Einbuße.

NB: Im Handbuch meines DigitDia ist das Einlegen in der falschen Orientierung dargestellt. Laut den Ingenieuren von PIE (Hersteller) soll die Emulsion Richtung Detektor zeigen. Grund für diese penible Festlegung ist die sehr geringe Schärfentiefe der Diascanner. Im Handbuch wird es aber genau anders herum dargestellt, die Emulsion zeigt dort Richtung LED. Allerdings relativiert die allgegenwärtige Wölbung der Dias diese Feinheit.

Hermann-Josef
DigitDia6000 (CyberView, SilverFast Archive Suite 8 & 9) / CanoScan9950F (ScanGear, VueScan Pro), Eizo CS240, xrite i1studio, Win11 (64bit), Intel i9 (3.4GHz), Speicher 64GB, Nvidia Quadro P2000
mska59

Beitrag von mska59 »

Thanks Herman, in fact with no software (Vuescan, Silverfast and Ciberview) inserting the film with the emulsion towards the sensor I get the correct image, but always with mirror effect. I tried to ask Reflecta, they replied to insert the emulsion "down" and then towards the led light. Now out of curiosity I tried to ask PacificImage the same question, I'm curious to hear theirs. I'll follow Reflecta's advice "It is generally better to insert the film strips with the emulsion side down. Also the film transport works more reliable this way" and yours and put the film upside down.
Thank you
Mario
Slides and Negatives: 35mm Reflecta RPS 10M + SilverFast SE Plus. Reflective and 120: Epson V600 + VueScan Pro. Software: Lightroom 6, Photoshop CC, Nik Collection. Monitor Calibration: Spyder 4pro.
Jossie

Beitrag von Jossie »

Hello Mario,

some time ago I have received a drawing from PIE, which shows the layout of a 35mm film scanner. The emulsion side is shown explicitly to be on the CCD side. I asked the engineers, how critical this is and they replied that "for optimum results the emulsion side should face to the detector".

Hermann-Josef
DigitDia6000 (CyberView, SilverFast Archive Suite 8 & 9) / CanoScan9950F (ScanGear, VueScan Pro), Eizo CS240, xrite i1studio, Win11 (64bit), Intel i9 (3.4GHz), Speicher 64GB, Nvidia Quadro P2000
mska59

Beitrag von mska59 »

Here is PIE's answer
"Hello Mario, Yes this is normal due to the hardware design placement, the VueScan software has the option to select Mirror which will properly orient the images."
So the best thing is to insert the film with the emulsion towards the detector and then activate the "mirror" option. It seems to me the most logical solution and in line with the instruction manual, exactly as you recommend. Now I have one less doubt.
Best regards

Mario
Antworten