Negative reinigen, restaurieren, präservieren, archivieren

Fragen/Themen aus den Gebieten Scannen, Bildbearbeitung, Farbmanagement etc.
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum dürfen keine Beiträge mit gewerblichen Angeboten, privaten Verkaufsangeboten oder Links zu gewerblichen Seiten eingestellt werden.
Antworten
Antonio

Negative reinigen, restaurieren, präservieren, archivieren

Beitrag von Antonio »

Herzliche Grüßen,

(Ich kann Deutsch ohne Probleme lesen, aber nicht so gut schreiben, dafür präsentiere ich meine Fragen auf Englisch. Bitte entschuldigen Sie es und auf Deutsch beantworten, wenn Sie beantworten willen.)

I have a lot of negatives, both 135 and Instamatic 126. I plan to scan them all, and I'd like to not onyl clean them but also do something for their preservation and correct storage. So I'd like advice on the following (topics only, no need to reply on a question-by-question basis):

- What's the best non-destructive way to clean them?

- Are Kinestatic cleaners and compressed air alternatives, or should I use both?

- What's the advantage of the electric Kinestatics?

- Should I use any fluid for cleaning and/or preservation and/or restoration?

- Are there differences between cleaning the emulsion side and the back side?

- How should I handle them so as not to damage them?

- After cleaning, how should I store them?

If you could give me your opinions or point me to some tutorial I'd be very thankful.

Vielen Dank,
Antonio
alfa75

Re: Negative reinigen, restaurieren, präservieren, archivieren

Beitrag von alfa75 »

Hello,

for negatives ecpacially with glowed paper stripes on one perforation side you have to remove this paper. Then you can use tetenal film cleaner spray with new wet micro fase paper to remove the glowe and all rest of dust. Don't wipe to hard over the slides. When the film is dry there may be some dust lines on it. To remove them, don't wait to long!! I use a 2.5 bar pressure airbrush to remove the last parts of dust and a lense painter. This precedure works very well also on dias, eg. to clean removed kodak paper slides.

Best regards

Andrea
Antonio

Re: Negative reinigen, restaurieren, präservieren, archivieren

Beitrag von Antonio »

Danke, Andrea, für den Hinweis.
Antworten