marking fotos in order to organize scans

Fragen/Themen aus den Gebieten Scannen, Bildbearbeitung, Farbmanagement etc.
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum dürfen keine Beiträge mit gewerblichen Angeboten, privaten Verkaufsangeboten oder Links zu gewerblichen Seiten eingestellt werden.
Antworten
karels

marking fotos in order to organize scans

Beitrag von karels »

I am new to this forum, and since i am from Holland my written german is not so good, but i do understand german pretty well, so i will post in the english language, but sorry for any inconvenience caused.
I have the following problem. I do have a about five hundred foto's, hardcopies, and plan to have them scanned. If i get the digital scans back, i will have to manually allocate which foto/print belongs to which file. I would like to have some secret code or another smart trick so that when i get the scans back, i know directly which file belongs to it. I thought of simply writing a number on the fotos - like a police foto of a convict , but that would cause extra work in removing the number from the scan. Any suggestions on how to deal with this better would be appreciated.
Joe
Re: marking fotos in order to organize scans

Beitrag von Joe »

If I understand right: you will use a scan-service to do that for you? Or will you scan by yourself?

If using a service I see only a slight chance: you will get the scans in the order you send them. Then they will get an name like: image_0001, image_0002 etc.

If you scan by yourself: you can name the files as you like.
Thomas

Beitrag von Thomas »

I suggest to write the numbers from 1...n on the back of the photos and sort them into some folder. Then ask the scanner-guy to scan the fotos exactly in this order and to name the files according to the numbers, like Foto-001.jpg, Foto-002.jpg and so on.
Thomas
karels

Beitrag von karels »

Thanks for the tips, i do indeed plan to have the fotos scanned. So writing the numbers sounds like a good idea, but hopefully the scanning people are able to keep them all in the proper order. It sounds a bit like the old days of the punch cards: it was always very unwise to drop them all since you would have to organize them all again.
Thomas

Beitrag von Thomas »

As I wrote, it may be a good idea to put the fotos into some kind of folder. Possibly they fit into these transparent envelopes that you can file. This should make it easy for the scanner-people to keep the correct order.
Thomas
Antworten