Software

Themen rund um verschiedene Scan-Programme wie SilverFast, NikonScan, CyberView etc.
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum dürfen keine Beiträge mit gewerblichen Angeboten, privaten Verkaufsangeboten oder Links zu gewerblichen Seiten eingestellt werden.
Antworten
proinwv

Software

Beitrag von proinwv »

Using a PrimeFilm 7250u or its equivalent Reflecta CrystalScan 7200 has anyone compared the VueScan to Silverfast software?
Joe
Re: Software

Beitrag von Joe »

You will find some test with various scanners and the software CyberView, Silverfast, VueScan on my Website www.jostark.de - but the site is in german.

I think you don't need other software than CyberView. Sometimes Silverfast has better results. But if you enhace the CyberView scans with the freeware IrfanView in 95% of the cases the results will look like the Scans with Silverfast.
proinwv

Beitrag von proinwv »

Thanks for the reply.

Your suggestion is certainly important. You say to enhance in Irfanview, which I do have, but I also have PS CS2 which I assume has more features than Irfanview, unless I missed something in it.

All of my scans will be of B7W negs. I would expect to perform a minimum of the following to any scan. Sharpening (I have Nik Sharpener 2.0),and Curves and Levels. Would this be in agreement with what you are suggesting?

Paul
Joe

Beitrag von Joe »

Have you tried "auto correction" in IrfanView? (hope this is the right translation, in german it is called "Auto Korrektur"). In some cases it will give very good results. In other cases it will show a bad result.

What is a B7W negative - do you mean black and white?

When it is black and white:

- in most cases you can not use ICE
- I have much better results with BW when I scan them as color and convert them to BW in IrfanView - in all cases this looks much better then the BW settings in the scan-software (either if CyberView, VueScan or Silverfast).
Antworten