Vertical stripes in DigitDia 5000

Beiträge aus dem alten Forum (seit 2003) zum Recherchieren
Gesperrt
Richard

Vertical stripes in DigitDia 5000

Beitrag von Richard »

After scanning some thousand slides, the DigitDia adds vertical stripes/bands in some of the pictures. The stripes/bands are perfectly vertical with varying width. In light areas of the pictures this is most visible, since it will cause lightness boundaries in the picture. The stripes/band appear both when using CyberView X and Silverfast, and will not be affected by if ICE is turned on or off. I've tried to pause the scanning, remove potential magnetic fields and removed dust from the lamp by air. Nothing of this seems to help. The scanner itself is approximately 6 months old, bought new spring 2007.
Does anyone have an idea what this could be, and how to solve it?
Joe

Re: Vertical stripes in DigitDia 5000

Beitrag von Joe »

It would be helpfull to see a sample of that because there are various reasons.
Try to remove the "Dia Lift" (in English somewhat like "slide elevator/lift") and use a vacuum cleaner with low speed to remove dust etc. In most cases this works.
Richard

Beitrag von Richard »

I have examples which I am able to send to anyone interested. These samples were also sent to Reflecta, and they told me to remove dust from the lamp/diffuser by blowing air. This has been done, without any luck. The result still shows stripes/bands of different width and intensity.
Micha

Beitrag von Micha »

Probably there is dust in your scanner. When small particles stick to parts like mirrors or are on the sensor you'll get those lines.
Micha
Gesperrt