Nikon CoolScan V ED

Fragen/Themen zu Nikon-Filmscannern
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum dürfen keine Beiträge mit gewerblichen Angeboten, privaten Verkaufsangeboten oder Links zu gewerblichen Seiten eingestellt werden.
Antworten
tjitte

Nikon CoolScan V ED

Beitrag von tjitte »

Hi,

I do have this model scanner now for a couple of years and when first purchased, I had huge plans to convert my slides (and later negatives) into digital content.

It functions perfectly well, although time consuming. The only negative point sofar is colour representation. Every slide has to be corrected to a huge degree, mainly the bleu component, to reach the colours of a simple digital picture of the same subject. I came to this comparison after a visit to Iceland. My wife used a digital camera (Canon PowerShot A300) and I used a reasonable camera with Kodak EktaChrome ASA400 & ASA200 film. While the colours onthe film are excelent in terms of saturation and liveliness, after scanning them they are dull, brownish. Whatever I do I is a PITA and a waste of time to scan those films.

FYI: I do have a genuine Kodak Scantarget, so I can send a sample.

Who has an idea?

Tjitte
tjitte

Re: Nikon CoolScan V ED

Beitrag von tjitte »

*Antwort, Bitte?*

tjitte
yogi

Beitrag von yogi »

Please upload a sample.
Which software do you use?

Both my previous Coolscan V an my current LS5000 had/have an excellent color reproduction.
This means that colors on the slide and on the (calibrated) monitor are looking identically under the same color temperature.

yogi
Nikon LS5000
SF 6.62r5 win XPpro SP3 virtuell (!) Oracle VM
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 64GB RAM win10pro
Eizo CG247, X-Rite i1 Display, Colormunki Photo
Farbkorrektur Photoshop 5.1, iCorrect EditLab Pro Plugin
SF8 AI, HDR8, HDR6 ungenutzt
tjitte

Beitrag von tjitte »

@yogi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm out for a few days now, but wil be back somewhere near Tuesday, May 6.

Will upload a few samples then.

Tjitte
Antworten