Reflecta RPS 10M USB problems (Win10 and MacOS Sierra)

Fragen/Themen zu Reflecta-Filmscannern
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum dürfen keine Beiträge mit gewerblichen Angeboten, privaten Verkaufsangeboten oder Links zu gewerblichen Seiten eingestellt werden.
Antworten
wsdierks

Reflecta RPS 10M USB problems (Win10 and MacOS Sierra)

Beitrag von wsdierks »

I just purchased a Reflecta RPS 10M scanner a.k.a PIE PrimeFilm XA

However, much to my regret I cannot get it to work. :cry:

When trying to scan using CyberViewX (incl. preview scans) the scanner start initializing the scanner and all seems Ok. But then when trying scan - both pre-scan and actual scan the problem appears.

After a couple seconds and hearing the scanner "moving about" the program reverts to the initial program GUI, but no scan is performed and the Status LED on the scanner flashes.

When trying to repeat a pop-up says that is´t is not possible to communicate with the scanner.

Prerequisites and things tried:

1) CyberViewX is installed - latest version (5.16.55 for Windows and 5.16.60 for MacOS)
2) Tests done on MacBook Pro and iMac running MasOS Sierra, HP and Asus laptops running Windows 10 (Other USB devices disconnected) - All showing the same behaviour.
3) Scanner firmware update to latest version available (1.07) did not change anything. (And since the update worked using the CyberViewX software I assume that the USB port and/or cable can't be totally broken...)
4) On Windows the scanner is found as “Multiple Slides Scanner”
5) CyberViewX software is able to initially communicate with the scanner (including the ability to update the firmware)
6) Scanning using VueScan showed same problem (CyberViewX installed and on both Window10 and MacOS Sierra)
7) Different USB cables tried with no avail.

Any tips or suggestions welcome.
Joe
Re: Reflecta RPS 10M USB problems (Win10 and MacOS Sierra)

Beitrag von Joe »

You have done everything I would suggest.

So the only Thing is that you contact Reflecta: mail@reflecta.de
wsdierks

Beitrag von wsdierks »

I've mailed Reflecta hoping for some reply.

I'll post any solution here for mutual benefit
xiaoheli

Beitrag von xiaoheli »

Hi all, 2 years passed and here comes a newbee having bought the same machine, now having the same problem, tried everything and frustrated to have thrown 700 EUR into water and have not got reply from Reflecta yet.... anyone who have experienced this (or found a solution) would you help?
Antworten