RPS 7200 - not feeding Fuji Superia 400 correctly

Fragen/Themen zu Reflecta-Filmscannern
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum dürfen keine Beiträge mit gewerblichen Angeboten, privaten Verkaufsangeboten oder Links zu gewerblichen Seiten eingestellt werden.
Antworten
Tom Garnett

RPS 7200 - not feeding Fuji Superia 400 correctly

Beitrag von Tom Garnett »

I have a new Reflecta RPS 7200, and am mostly very pleased with it - I am using it to batch scan whole rolls of newly developed film.

One specific cause for concern: When used with Fuji Superia 400, the rollers appear to have trouble gripping the film. When they are attempting to move it, it moves irregularly in fits and starts, averaging a little under half a frame advanced at a time. Obviously, this makes batch scanning impossible. Three separate rolls of Superia have all exhibited the same symptoms.

The following brands of film give me no trouble: Ilford HP5+, Fuji C200, Kodacolour 200 (found film, circa 15 years old).

The Superia feels somewhat thinner and more flexible than the working brands, but I've not got easy access to a micrometer to test that.

Is there a way I can adjust roller pressure/width? Does anyone have similar experience, or a list of known good/bad films? Is this cause to return the scanner (bought recently from scandig)?

I would be able to live without certain brands of film, if it came to it.

(I've been using the scanner with Silverfast pro 8, but the problem still exists when the scanner is completely disconnected from the computer, and I am using the hardware buttons to advance the film).

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Joe
Re: RPS 7200 - not feeding Fuji Superia 400 correctly

Beitrag von Joe »

Try to rotate the film 180 Degrees. (= Upside down). This works with some Agfa film.
Tom Garnett

Re: RPS 7200 - not feeding Fuji Superia 400 correctly

Beitrag von Tom Garnett »

Simple... and remarkably effective. Thank-you!
Antworten