I just purchased a Reflecta RPS 10M scanner a.k.a PIE PrimeFilm XA
However, much to my regret I cannot get it to work.
When trying to scan using CyberViewX (incl. preview scans) the scanner start initializing the scanner and all seems Ok. But then when trying scan - both pre-scan and actual scan the problem appears.
After a couple seconds and hearing the scanner "moving about" the program reverts to the initial program GUI, but no scan is performed and the Status LED on the scanner flashes.
When trying to repeat a pop-up says that is´t is not possible to communicate with the scanner.
Prerequisites and things tried:
1) CyberViewX is installed - latest version (5.16.55 for Windows and 5.16.60 for MacOS)
2) Tests done on MacBook Pro and iMac running MasOS Sierra, HP and Asus laptops running Windows 10 (Other USB devices disconnected) - All showing the same behaviour.
3) Scanner firmware update to latest version available (1.07) did not change anything. (And since the update worked using the CyberViewX software I assume that the USB port and/or cable can't be totally broken...)
4) On Windows the scanner is found as “Multiple Slides Scanner”
5) CyberViewX software is able to initially communicate with the scanner (including the ability to update the firmware)
6) Scanning using VueScan showed same problem (CyberViewX installed and on both Window10 and MacOS Sierra)
7) Different USB cables tried with no avail.
Any tips or suggestions welcome.